The first week of the Epic Loyalty X puzzle has concluded with Greylag as the winner with all 11 VP! Greylag will get first choice of the Epic Deck Box or any promo card.
Week 1 Results
1) Greylag-59, Nathan Overvay-59, Thomas Dixon-58, Benjamin Hebert-58 [all Velden]
2) 56 Greylag [Scarros], Thomas Dixon-55 [Zannos], Nathan Overbay-55 [Scarros]
3) 56 Greylag [Zannos], Nathan Overbay-23 [Zannos], Thomas Dixon-17 [Scarros]
4) 53 Greylag, Nathan Overbay-16, Thomas Dixon-14 [all Kark]
5) 224 Greylag, Nathan Overbay-153, Thomas Dixon-144, Benjamin Hebert-58
Scores and Links to Solutions
Nathan Overbay, Thomas Dixon, and Benjamin Hebert are currently all receiving at least a promo, unless they are overtaken in week 2.
Week 2 Puzzle Extension
In order to encourage more participation to claim the remaining 6 promo cards, I am adding an additional, related challenge.
How many cards can you reveal for each Loyalty X champion in a single turn (with restrictions)?
a) Zannos, Corpse Lord
b) Chamberlain Kark
c) Velden, Frost Titan
d) Scarros, Hound of Draka
- Each solution takes place over a single turn (just your turn, not including an opponent’s turn)
- Start with a 5 card hand
- Start with at most 9 cards in your discard pile
- Start with no champions in play
- Start with a legal deck containing no more than 3 copies of any card
- Each physical card may only be played or put into play once (no infinite looping of Frantic Digging, Teleport, etc.). In other words, you may only play a card/put a card into play a maximum of 3 times, once using each physical copy of it in your deck
- Every card is legal
- Each card can only be used in one of the 4 solutions (1 Ancient Chant in Kark? You can’t run any in the other 3 solutions. 3 Inspiration in Zannos? You can’t run any in the other 3 solutions)
- Your opponent can do nothing
- They have no cards in hand
- They have no cards in discard pile
- Anytime they may do something, they choose not to
- No cards appearing in any of your solutions may appear in their deck (probably won’t matter)
- Both you and your opponent have infinite health
- Week 2 solutions are entirely separate from week 1 solutions. For example, if you used Ancient Chant in week 1, you may use it again in week 2.
Week 2 Rewards
1 VP will be awarded for the winning solution for each champion. Unlike week 1, the highest Zannos solution will win a VP, the highest Kark solution will win a VP, the highest Velden solution will win a VP, and the highest Scarros solution will win a VP. RP will also be awarded for each Week 2 Puzzle Extension question.
VP can also be earned by improving Week 1 solutions.
When submitting an answer be sure to denote whether it is for week 1 or week 2.
On 2/11/17 at precisely 8pm GMT, submissions will be closed. (At my discretion, I may allow small, apparent typos/mistakes to be corrected, as long as the integrity of the solution is apparent.)
Solution Submission Form
The best way to submit a solution is to put your worked out answer(s) in a Google Doc. Then, send me a link to the google doc that I can either edit or comment on in the field below.